Monday, November 10, 2008

2-0, Lots of Family, and My first day of work


Well the Crossroads Basketball season kicked off this last weekend. After the weekend, both the women's and men's teams came out 2-0 but all four games were close and very exciting till the end. In the girl's first game, they narrowly defeated St. Cloud Tech, 2008 NIAC Conference Champs, 46-45 and then in Saturday's game, Nicole hit 3-3's and had 11 pts. as the girls beat AFLBS by double digits. In the men's side, Brett Capes and Chris Cronin had big games as the men came back in both games for big wins. Also, this weekend, my parents were up to visit as well as Nicole's family and Judy Hanson and then on Sunday we ate out with Nicole's aunt and uncle so things were pretty busy with everyone here, but lots of fun. Yesterday was a great day as a Viking fan, as the Vikings beat the rival Packers for the first time in 4 years by a matter of inches on a final second 52 yard field goal miss by Packer's kicker Mason Crosby to keep the final score 28-27. Then after the big game, I got called in for my first day of work. I folded lots of girl's clothing and was pretty ready to be done when I got off at 9. But I'm probably only working there till Jan. 1st so I can make things work until then. As far as FCA fundraising goes, I got another $50 in monthly support as well as over $300 more in one-time gifts, so things continue to keep coming in which is a very encouraging thing. Hope everyone is doing well....
Here's a picture of me and Nicole from this weekend.

No comments: